Saturday 13 October 2012

Blogtober 13th: KCWC day 6

Today I gave myself a similar deal to yesterday. Rewarding myself with sewing is turning out to be quite satisfying. So after a lovely Saturday morning sleep in, some awesome breakfast and some reading time, I set to making Miss-R's Milkshake Skirt


The Milkshake Skirt is actually really easy to sew. MUCH easier than I had imagined, what with all those coloured panels. But it comes together really easily with only 3 pattern pieces. I have used the grey linen again (that's the last of it!) and some Happy Mochi Yum Yum by Monica Solaro-Snow as my accent fabric. 



It has meeblings in the selvage (bloomin iPhone games...)!

I am excited about how it will look when I finish it. I am also realising I have made both of the children items of clothing in grey and green... Totally un-planned, perhaps it has something to do with my mood. 
 

I actually gave myself a bit of reward time today. A few hours of study behind me and a skirt almost finished to show for my hard work. Hopefully I can finish it in the morning so Miss-R can wear it to watch daddy play hockey.

What did you get up to today?
Do you make strange connections to iPhone games too?
How do you reward yourself?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have that pattern in my stash too, thinking about busting it out for Amélie. That is a really cute selvedge. I like to think of sewing time as a reward too.

Kat McNally said...

That is the cutest accent fabric ever! Can't wait to see the finished skirt.
xx

Anonymous said...

That combination of fabrics for a skirt is too gorgeous! I don't get to sew as much for girls as I would like to, but you've totally inspired me!

I'm afraid to say it, but my rewards usually come in the chocolate kind. However I'm a good girl and only have a piece ;)

Karen said...

This is a great pattern - I made it for a birthday gift recently and it was a big hit. Love the colours.