Friday 31 August 2012

I Finished!!!

This month I took part in the Choose Your Own Bag Adventure Sew-a-long.

The basic gist was that you sign up to sew a bag in the month of August. BRILLIANT! I thought, I am definitely playing along. I have a massive stockpile of fabric and need motivation to whittle it down (so I can buy more fabric of course!!). So I decided to make a camera bag.

Now my decision to make a camera bag wasn't a whimsical... "oh yes... I will make a camera bag.. that's going to be nice and easy". I have never really sewn many bags with success. I made a messenger bag a few years ago for our niece for Christmas, but that is about the extent of my experience. But... I decided.. I am going to give this a crack. It is supposed to be an adventure after all!!

After a lot of looking at pictures, deconstructing the items in my head and drawing/ drafting/ cutting and sewing. I can proudly announce that...

I MADE A CAMERA BAG!!!!


As you can tell... I am very excited and very impressed that it turned out perfectly. It is just the way I had imagined it in my head which makes me so so proud!! There are seriously so many layers in this bag. There is the fabric, two layers of interfacing and also padding. I am proud of my little Janome for making it through without a problem.


I decided to make the bag without "sections" as I want to be able to just put the camera etc. in the bag without having to worry about pulling it apart necessarily. It also means I can put other things in the bag if I need to such as my keys/ purse/ spare undies for the lil man.


Super impressive (even if I do say so myself!).

And Oh my goodness I love this pink fabric... I will have to do something with the leftovers! I am thinking padded covers for my camera lenses.


Head on over to Curly Pops and have a look at what everyone else made :)


2 comments:

Carmel said...

Looks fantastic Amy! I LOVE that pink Fabric!! you did an awesome job :-)

CurlyPops said...

Oh my goodness you should be totally and utterly chuffed! It's gorgeous.
You've gotta love a Janome for being tough enough to tackle all those layers.
Thanks so much for joining in with the fun!